As a recent author I’m regularly being asked if I can recommend some basics to get started….here’s a suggested list to start with! Most of these are affiliate links, which means I receive a small percentage as a commission if you use these links, all at no cost to you.
- Bible Journaling Made Simple book and workbook:
- Bibles are a personal choice; if you know your artist well – you may be able to choose one for them. But see the Bible Buyer’s Guide and see if one looks perfect for them! (Those shown in the guide are ones I personally have and can vouch for; look for favorite translations, cover designs, etc.)
- Art Supplies:
- Pencils – all three brands work great; Prismacolor is most affordable:
- Watercolor Pencils: Inktense are reasonably priced and great pencils (don’t forget to get a brush too)
- Silver Brush #8 Round at Ellen Hutson | Blick
- See the Watercolor section later in this post for more detail on the sets shown in the video. Recommended for Bible journalers might be the Floral set or Ultimate Mixing set.
- Stocking Stuffers:
- Bible Journaling Classes available at art-classes – if you want to give a class and not have them get the notification yet, order on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning. Or order as if sending to YOUR email address, then send them the gift card code later.